Accessibility Statement for Swansea University Digital Collections
Swansea University is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Swansea University takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of Swansea University Digital Collections:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Swansea University Digital Collections is not assessed with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Not assessed means that the content has not been evaluated or the evaluation results are not available.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, for the time being we conform to the level of accessibility outlined in the Omeka Semantic user manual. Omeka Semantic strives to be conformant with section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Swansea University Digital Collections. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Swansea University Digital Collections:
- E-mail: email@example.com
We try to respond to feedback within 10 working days.
Accessibility of Swansea University Digital Collections relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Swansea University Digital Collections, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Swansea University Digital Collections:
- Search form: The search form does not have a label attribute because we are using a default Omeka Semantic theme. We will customize the theme to correct the problem. In the meantime, please contact us for support.
- Images: Some images do not have alt attributes because of the design of the layout. We will improve the layout to correct the problem. In the meantime, please contact us for support.
- Links: Some links have colour contrast problems because we are using the default Omeka Semantic theme. We will customize the theme to address the problem. In the meantime, please contact us for support.
Swansea University assessed the accessibility of Swansea University Digital Collections by the following approaches:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, you can contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This statement was created on 22 August 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.